From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:01 AM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] I'm Too Nervous

I am only a sophomore in high school and I have  taken many auditions for our
senior honors district band and orchestras around  the state. I prepare my
music in an orderly fashion and I am completely prepared  when I enter the
audition site. I have noticed that my nerves are on end when I  go into the
audition room. When I have an audition, I am kind of excited about  it, but not
yet
nervous. When I go into the warm-up room my  heart begins to race. Once I had
an audition and I was so nervous that my  entire embouchure was shaking as I
played my audition music. What is the best  way to deal with nervousness before
an audition?