From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 9:33 AM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Strauss Horn etudes

average stuff.??.orchestras all over the world play average
stuff every night. Strauss has written only a handful of
pieces for the horn, why are these veiled? Are they  as
horrid as the aforementioned Brahms etudes? Those are in
print right?

It seems there should be more of a push for these to see the
light of day, its Strauss by God. Isn't Strauss at the age
of 16 still better than Dukas at 50 or Hamilton Harty at 75?

I think more of us hornplayers should be the judge of what
is "average"

Thanks for the help, your site is a treasure!

LT