When very young beginners would play the Kopprasch as they
(Kopprasch) were thought, they would do it in E, in E flat
etc. from the very beginning. Just reading simple chords a
step lower, reading a simple C-major scale down one step, a
half step etc. A very simple & easy beginning of the
transposition. I do not blame the amateur community nor
would I blame the youth playing the horn, but I blame their
teachers for neglecting transposition. Transposition helps
reading music faster, e.g. parts in tonalities with many
sharps, as they were written in E & A, to eliminate or
reduce the amount of sharps in the part. The same with the
flats, by using transposition in E flat or B flat. We horn
players like clean parts with a minimum of accidentals.

And, most elderly colleagues adopted the PC as their second
or even first toy (or more). They aquired a lot of computer
skill at an age, when most have retired allready or nearly,
but why not transposition ? This is not understandable at
all.

And in C or G, what´s the problem. The musical text is most
simple most of the time, even for amateurs, as soon as they
know how to hold the horn & as soon as they know that the
horn has three or more keys, they get lost.

And here also, the players are not to be blamed at first,
but the school system & the music education special, as the
basics are not taught, but a lot about jazz & musical etc. A
bit of theory is not bad, as it sharpens the brain. Things
go slower in the beginning, well, but after a while those,
who experienced the theory, advance much faster & further
than those without the theory.