All of these are fine ideas, folks.  No disrespect for Mozart intended, we
are just looking for something my son's band can play that can feature my
son as soloist.
His band director said he was interested in the idea but wasn't aware of
anything, and his teacher remembered this arrangement.  His teacher shared
Hans' concern - we need something the school band can do a decent job with,
and his teacher thought this might be possible.

His teacher is shortly going to start him working on Mozart concerti with
the goal of having some ready for next Spring for auditions for some of the
local prep-division conservatory programs we have here in the NYC area -
Juilliard, Mannes, Manhattan.

I will investigate all the possibilities mentioned and welcome more
suggestions as well.

-S-