Hi All:
I have improved my own endurance, accuracy and tone by following the Forrest
Standley Routine - it's available from Southern Music.
It's working with my students too, (at least with the ones who listen and
practice what I ask!)
At least once a week or so, I try to get through the whole 1 1/2 hours of
long tones, arpeggios and scale drills.... (Not usually all in one sitting
mind you!)  On busy days, I just do 2 or 3 of the scale cycles and the
warm-up.
If I concentrate on low mouthpiece pressure, full breathing and clean
articulation, I come out of the session really tired but not hurting, and I
notice the positive effects for days after!
As an added dimension, I've programmed the opening crescendo decrescendo
exercise into my midi keyboard sequencer or I use a tuner and decibel meter
to get constant feedback.
I think, when in doubt, go to the time-proven methods, and who can argue
with the guy who taught and influenced many of the pre-eminent players of
our time!

Gary in Regina