The original posting represents no linguistic disability, just laziness. It
displays the very sad
tendency of US-based youth to skip the usage of the shift key.

I have studied linguistics a university level, English was my sixth language
(is the second
today), I can read about 12 languages, I can tell the mother-language of
non-native English
speaking correspondents/list members on basis of their style of writing
English, I (like HP) write
English on a basis of German and Latin grammar (only my English is far superior
to HansÂ’ English,
which only can be understood truly by people in full command of German), and I
am a dyslectic in
the sense, that it extremely hard for me to control the proper sequencing of
letters. A fact
aggravated by my unstable eyesight. But then my knowledge of the problems made
me a very good
teacher. My students scored highly in reading and spelling tests.

Some of my postings may come out oddly on my bad-eye days, but I am always
offended on my
linguistic professionalism by sloppiness as displayed in the original posting.
I considered
sending a protest posting myself, but I was too LAZY. However Hans shall not be
denigrated on
basis of his protesting posting. There are so many other items upon which to
protest Hans, who
highly gifted and educated as he is, still lives in a mental conch with a
limited understanding of
the real world. His reply to me on the Handel opera is way off. I will respond
to that, when my
eyes allow me to read the score.

But then Hans is worth fighting with, as he represents a trove of knowledge.
The original posting
represents the opposite.

Please be forgiving towards my English as today happens to be a bad-eye day for
me.

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre