This is why I prefer transposing by clef and not by interval. That way, horn in B (H) and horn in B-flat (B) are the same except for the key signature. For horn in B-flat, read it as mezzo-soprano clef and add a flat. For horn in B, read it as mezzo soprano clef and add six sharps.

Obviously, you still have to practice it, and I still agree with Sam Ramsay that 3rd and 4th horn in Brahms 1 are impossible for most people (including me!) to sight read. Brahms 2 isn't nearly as pathological, though.

        HTH.

                                Howard Sanner
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]