Do not trust Staples to pack your horn safely. I recently purchased a horn without a case on EBAY. It was packed by Staples and shipped UPS. The leadpipe had been bent so that the horn could be wedged into an 18 inch box. The result was a bent bell and a crumpled bell throat. I have repaired the horn.

If you ship an uncased horn, use a sturdy box large enough so that the horn is not touching the sides. Pack it in packing peanuts so that the horn floats as if it were in the womb and it will arrive safely. I have never had a horn that I shipped arrive damaged.

Do not use crumpled or shredded paper, or soft foam.

My rant is ended.

Carl