Hello Horn Enthusiasts-

I bought my daughter a used Holton H179...  we had it reconditioned at a
reputable music shop.  It's a very nice horn with a rich sound, yet it seems to
have an ongoing issue of noisy valves.  Recently, she has been using Holton
rotor oil and it seems even noisier.  We've been putting a drop under each
rotor cap on a fairly regular basis.  The noise almost seems to have a "metal
to metal" sound, even though there are new vinyl bumpers installed.

I realize "the noise" will not go away completely with the H179... but I am
asking if any of you have any tips which might help reduce "the noise."  I am
hopeful that there is a somewhat easy solution as she has a solo coming up in
the next few weeks and I'd like to avoid major surgery at this time (I'm open
to that as a longer term solution though) Thank you!!

- TTE