I agree with Steve Mumford about trying a heavier weight oil on the
bearing ends - but do not put heavy oil directly into any of the tubing.

BUT for sluggish valves:
If valve action is sluggish, then a quantity of lightweight valve oil can
be put in the leadpipe and made to flow to the valves. The light oil will
disovle and flush the old oil/grease from the rotor body that is making it
sluggish. Empty the oil out thru the leadpipe as is done for water
removal.
Sometimes, synthetic oils/grease do not mix with petroleum based products
- if you have used any synthetics, then you should follow the directions
that came with them.

The valves on my 2 horns (both are fairly old) click-clack when they need
oiling.

The oil for the bearings must be placed in 2 places on each valve:
1) on the bearing end under the screw-on valve cap
2) a drop in the small gap between the 'swing-arm' and the bearing on the
other end of the valve - use an eye-dropper, or an extension tube on the
oil bottle.

For 'heavy oil', I recommend sewing machine oil. If that oil is too heavy,
it can be thinned by mixing it with valve oil, or "Ultra-Pure, uncolored,
unscented, Lamp Oil" (a very pure kerosene) that is available at K-Mart,
Wal-mart, etc.).

Everyone has favorite oils that work for them, you need to find a type and
weight of oil that gives good valve action, and which also eliminates the
valve  noise. If there is still valve noise after applying heavy oil to
the bearing ends, then it probably needs repair or adjustment.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY
amateur player