Same here.  My son had a lesson with Javier Gandara, who plays horn 3 in the
Met orchestra, and we sometimes had a hard time paying attention to what he
was _saying_ because his _playing_, brief as the examples were, was so
spectacular!  He plays an Elkhart 8D, and there wasn't a thing he couldn't
do, and do beautifully, with that horn.  I asked him about it, and he said
that, while he had owned a variety of horns in the past, he got rid of the
rest of them because he found this was the only horn he needed for
everything.

-S-