I have been playing the same old N series Conn for the past 17 years . I
think that Conns are really  inconsistent ,  and one instrument is very
different from the other . But I do have some Idea why a good Conn would
make a good choice .
The Conn , as far as I could realise and as opposed to what some others may
think , does not have a strong character . I , personally heard Conns
sounding dark or bright and it seems like an instrument which one may impose
him\herself on .
you can play the loudest forte on a conn without braking that sound . I have
played my Conn as a soloist , chamber player and within an orchestra .
this instrument can fit allmost every situation , probably not bach cantatas
, and  Hydn 48\52  , but playing britten serenade was quite fun .
the Conn's bell ring is compatible with alexander , lawson , and many other
good makers , and the choices which you can make in order to buy a bell are
inormous .thats what makes conn desirable , you horn shoper .
Alon Reuven