If a tree falls on an 8D in the forest, and no horn jocks are around to hear
it, does it's sound have more 'core' than a Geyer?

hans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Paul, there comes another sentence to my mind, when reading
your letter:

"Is everything real or just imagination ? But of whom ?"

This psycho-hornplayer probably constructed an excuse for
himself why not playing in public, means for listeners.
Indeed, the goal is different for amateur musicians, who
often play just for themselves. But as soon as they play in
an even very small group, they will play for listeners each
other. The professional musician is different, as he or she
has to reproduce, what has been created by the composers,
reproduce it to entertain an audience. But that is musical
business, while the solo player plays alone, unattended by
listeners. But wait a moment: the lonely player listens to
himself. Or not ? If he or she does not listen to himself or
herself, I can understand the first mentioned sentence. And
this person should better not treat anybody with his or her
playing.