An orchestra over here was denied permission to perform the 1812 Overture
because the hall's health and safety officer was concerned that the cannon
effects might precipitate heart attacks in the audience.

Health and Safety is becoming a real problem:

I work in a museum where one of the demonstrators operates a 6th century
pole lathe - he has never been injured using this simple device, he has never
met anyone who has been injured using this device, he has never met anyone who
knows anyone who has been injured using this device, he has never heard of
anyone being injured using this device.  The health and safety man insisted
that he wore goggles and a mask in case of injury.

I have suggested to the local council that tiger traps should be  installed
in the high street, just in case.

Cheers,

Lawrence

lawrenceyates.co.uk