Rob, you're ranting at the wrong person. Mr. Canarutto did not write what you are reacting to; it was from Valerie.

On Sep 21, 2007, at 4:27 AM, rob schmidtke wrote:

What an ignorant, arrogant, comment to make. Perhaps Valerie was being funny. Humor I'm sure is so far beneath your deep and complex culture. Absolutely amazing Ignorance. There are times when the brass sound should not be as dominant, and the strings should prevail. there are times when the wood winds should dominate and come out of the texture. In earlier classical music brass was used as punctuation like percussion. These are things that make music interesting, and orchestras sound different from one another. If the balance were the same all the time and no one coming to the fore it would make for a pretty banal performance. although Mr. Canarutto might like that , which is fine. I guess 300$ Prada shoes and no decent toilet paper, that sounds real deep and complex, no superficiality there. Go back and read some history, there might be a few other things that came from this side of the Atlantic that allowed you to continue to live in your deep and complex culture at
 great cost to us.
Rob Schmidtke
Professional musician for 20 years (IE. no day job)

Daniel Canarutto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >There's nothing more boring than a string orchestra. Give me BRASS
or give me death!

Valerie