From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 9:35 AM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Re: Mute problem

Graham, et al.,

It's a pleasure to be of assistance. I'm glad you painted your mute. Some
people would be taken aback to find out how many professional players are still
playing their old "red & whites" tricked out with black paint and a wrist loop,
just as you have done. (Hint: cover the corks with tape before spray painting!)
Choice of mute is just as personal as choice of horn, and if you prefer your
H&B then so much the better for you. When you paint your old mute black you
eliminate the critic who tends to "listen with his eyes".

Dave Weiner

Brass Arts Unlimited