Is it certain that the 667v is not as hand made as the 861? Inst the bell one
piece, not two?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of David A. Jewell
Sent: Tue 12/18/2007 9:15 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Yamaha 667V

Okay, Dave and Tom - you win.  The more I get into this discussion the
differences that I acknowledge are indeed greater than I at first thought.
Airstream direction is certainly a major difference, and after looking at a
catalog photo of the 667V I realize that the F branch is wound more differently
than on a "regular" Geyer style.  As far as the difference between custom and
professional, I would have to go with Dave W. and believe that the custom
series was perhaps more hand built/assembled rather than machine mass produced.
Paxmaha