In my opinion, to have it make any difference would be discrimination.  The
idea of anti-discrimination laws as they relate to physical handicaps, at
least here in the US and to the best of my non-lawer understanding, is that
any "reasonable" accomodation _must_ be made and the fact that such
accomodation is necessary cannot be held against a person with a disability.
In this case, I imagine that the only accomodation necessary would be a
different sitting arrangement or possibly some sort of sound-reflecting
device behind the bell of the player.  Yes, it would be different, but I
don't think it's different enough that it should negatively impact her
chances of getting into any music school or orchestra.

At least that's my opinion.

-S-