On Apr 6, 2008, at 6:08 PM, KW wrote:

My Email inbox is filled with 'confirmation requests' that indicate I was trying to remove myself from the list earlier today.

Except I wasn't.

Has anybody else been having problems?

This happens from time to time when (my speculation) some bored teenager decides to have some fun with the list. Anyone who knows the URL can go to the listinfo page, enter any email address and click the unsubscribe button. Fortunately, the server requires email confirmation before actually doing anything, and the confirmation request only goes to the affected address, so if you just ignore the messages, nothing will happen to your subscription.

It is a delicate balance between making it as easy as possible for anyone who wishes to leave the list, and preventing this type of mischief. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to wade through messages like that, but rest assured that only the list owner (Gary Greene) or the server administrator (myself) can actually remove someone from a list without their permission.

Dan

Dan Phillips
Associate Professor
Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music