Hello Robson

I am amateur, so for me this instrument is very special, and I must play many
times to keep it in good shape. The funny thing is when I used it with amateurs
groups, chefs never ask me to play horn and they let me play the Wagner Tuba.
Anyway, I chose when I can play Wagner Tuba, modern music, pop, but no often in
classical music. (except one time in Strauss)

During a festival, last year, we play a music with a part of horn, second
melody,
and a singer soloist. The chef ask me to play Wagner Tuba, not the horn because
the sound was better with the soloist, more smooth,  much darker  but near of
the voice of the soloist
and at some place I help the soloist because of the limit of is voice.

Good experience, play and follow  the soloist …  with all the respect of his
part.

It is a double Wagner Tuba, in Fa and SiB. same as a double horn.
The tessitura is the same of the horn but the sound is more dark in the low
note and come quickly high in the high level. The only thing, at the beginning
is remember the note because the 'timbre' sound  is not the same, and for
example the sound of the FA on the horn is not the same by still a FA but more
between barython, euphonium and horn., and the sound come from the top, on the
right side. (without hand inside).
The strange feeling that the attacks were not so clear like you have in your
trumpet is the same for the horn and it is a part of the sound and the
difference between the Wagner Tuba and the euphonium. The Wagner Tuba still an
horn with all the fun we have to play an horn (and all troubles to).

I rent the Wagner Tuba to the Quebec Symphonic Orchestra, to Metropolitan
Orchestra of Montréal, to the festival de Lanaudière, so I am always in contact
with professionals horn players.

François Lefebvre
Québec Canada.> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:50:49 -0300> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: horn@music.memphis.edu> Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Wagner Tuba> > I'm just
curious about this instrument. You know, it's a little rare and I> think this
list is the best place to obtain information.> > Few times in my life I had
opportunity to play a french horn. In the> beginning I had strange feeling that
the attacks were not so clear like I> had in my trumpet. The tessitura was much
bigger and I had a different> feeling on my lips ...> > I never had the
opportunity to play a WT, but for sure I won't miss when I> have it!> > I feel
that the sound of the WT is much darker than the horn and also a> little
louder. What about extreme registers (high and low), is it harder on> the WT?
What about articulation, is it harder the get a clear articulation?> > Thank
you very much> > Robson> > > > > 2008/4/10, Francois Lefebvre <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>:> >> >> > Hello> >> > You can see a wagner tube from Ricco Kuhn at
http://www.ricco-kuehn.de/> >> > in the section product> >> > I ask Ricco to
build one for me, and i have this beautifull Wagner tuba> >> > I thing that i
am the only amateur hornplayer with a Wagner tuba.> >> > It is easy to play, as
the Pizka horn it easy ...> >> > François Lefebvre> > Québec>