I think the instrument on the plane situation is going to get worse. Some
airlines are going to a pay per bag or pay for over one bag system to try to
cut down on weight to reduce costs. There was an interview on NY radio with
the head of the flight attendants union today talking about all the people
trying to cram stuff on planes so they did not have to pay extra. It also
spoke of the fact that because different airlines had different rules and
charges it was impossible for airport security to enforce the policy because
it was not uniform. The attendants union is complaining because of the extra
work. Bottom line cranky attendants and hassled gate people are less
inclined to be helpful and accommodate something for one person and not
another. I have had problems with a MB1 case fitting through the template at
airport security. The two piece case works really well.

Debbie Schmidt
Tisch Center for the Arts