> And I think it's time that I investigate Lilypond software for my own use.
> A Lilypond question for anyone on this list who might use it - are there
> any of us?  How difficult would it be to take the existing ".ly" file for
> horn and change it to print out the horn part for horn in C instead horn
> in F or Eb?

Not difficult.

> I ask because it might be a good way for me to try to use Lilypond
> software, which sounds interesting, for the first time, and I enjoy
> reading
> from concert pitch parts whenever I can.  (It's really just the horn line
> as
> it appears in the piano score that I'd like to produce for myself.)  I
> learned computer programming this way - by taking someone else's work and
> making small changes to it.

I know basic Lilypond, and I'm extremely impressed at what it can do and
at the quality of the scores it produces. If you can program then it
should be pretty straightforward - it seems an order of magnitude easier
than LaTex. There are some graphical interfaces too, though I've only ever
written text files.

If you're looking for a recording of the Brahms trio, try listening to the
Ligeti trio too. It's not to everyone's tastes, but it is extremely
impressive.

I shall be looking up the trios Hans mentioned. For which, thanks.

Kit