Roxanne Haskill <maestra...@mac.com> wrote:

   I am interested in the tuning difference; this model in tuned to/made
   to A442.  I want to make sure that the tuning slide(s) can be
   comfortably adjusted to A440.

Lowering the F horn from 442 to 440 requires adding only about 2/3 of an
inch to the tube length, or 1/3 inch slide adjustment since a slide has
two legs.  The Bb side requires adding only 1/2 inch of tubing.

So if the horn we set up perfectly at 442, and assuming it has the usual
tuning slides, you would pull the main tuning slide affecting both horns
about 1/4 inch, and pull the F tuning slide 1/12 inch.

The adjustment for the individual valve slides is probably too small to
worry about.  For example, the F first valve slide would need to be
pulled about 1/24 inch.