Hello Nicolas,

Once our wildfire season (in Colorado, U.S.) slows down, I will be writing
up a 'case-study'/whitepaper on the response to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2013_Colorado_Wildfire_Season - I will
make sure to forward any documents, etc. directly to you.  Just FYI, this
was my field of study in college: Forestry, concentrated in Forest Fire
Science with a minor in Spatial Information Management Systems, so I have
lots of ideas how OSM could be used in these fields, but I'm still working
on locking down a user/use-case study.  I have reached out to the U.S.
Forest Service and (U.S.) National Wildfire Coordination Group regarding the
above and have had some initial feedback that my information would be
forwarded to the incident commander for the East Fork Fire.  I assume that
as IC, that person is probably too busy to reach out while firefighting; I
hope as things slow-down that I will get a chance to make the case for OSM
and/or HOT for future firefights.

I also wonder if you shouldn't expand your inquiry to all Natural Resource
fields; i.e. rangeland, wildlife, ecosystems, watersheds, etc.  You may get
a broader response, and at least in the U.S. these things are typically done
separately/by different organizations.

Thank you for your interest,

=Russ

Russell Deffner