Hi,

I recently went on a field trip, as part of a Missing Maps / American Red Cross / MSF project in Sierra Leone. I've written a short diary entry [1], and was recently filmed whilst giving a short talk in London about the trip [2].

Keep up the good work, it is appreciated! I was only a small cog in a great big machine, which I'm proud to say that all on this mailing list are part of. We introduced many people and organisations to OpenStreetMap and HOT - many were surprised at the quality of the mapping that was available. I'm sure we will see more use of the information, and if our brief training sessions & talks 'hit the mark' then perhaps a few more people will be involved in the projects in the future.

Off shopping shortly - my luggage was lost by the airline.

In the meantime, lots of geotagged photographs and gps traces to process, together with lots of water supply information.

Once again, on behalf of the many people I (We) spoke to, thank you, and keep up the good work.

Regards

Nick
(Tallguy)

[1] - https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy/diary/38967