ODK does support multiple languages, but we had some trouble converting xforms in pyxform, and I reckon I narrowed it down to accents. If anyone wants, I can go into more detail, but there are a couple of bug-type elements with language and xforms (XLS to XForm)conversions to watch out for.
Thanks,
Rupert