---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dean Duffy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jun 28, 2007 6:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Hplip-help] unable to link to printer
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Don: Thanks for your quick reply. I will give you the
entire hp-check in a moment. First, the current name
is Deskjet_D4100_2. It is the only one in the printer
configuration - localhost.localdomain.
Here is hp-check:

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.7.4a)
Dependency/Version Check Utility ver. 5.3

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

---------------
| SYSTEM INFO |
---------------

Basic system information:
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-55.0.2.EL #1 Tue Jun 26 14:08:18 EDT 2007
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Detected distro (/etc/issue):
centos 4.5

Detected distro (lsb_release):
CentOS 4.5 (Final)

Currently installed HPLIP version...
HPLIP 1.7.4a currently installed in '/usr/share/hplip'.

Current contents of '/etc/hp/hplip.conf' file:
# hplip.conf

[hpiod]
# port=0 (dynamic IP port)
port=2208
[hpssd]
# port=0 (dynamic IP port)
port=2207

[hplip]
version=1.7.4a
jdprobe=0

[dirs]
home=/usr/share/hplip
run=/var/run
ppd=/usr/share/ppd/HP
ppdbase=/usr/share/ppd
doc=/usr/share/doc/hplip-1.7.4a

# Following values are determined at configure time and cannot be changed.
[configure]
network-build=1
pp-build=1
gui-build=1
scanner-build=1
fax-build=1
cups11-build=0
installinitd=/usr/lib/lsb/install_initd
chkconfig=/sbin/chkconfig
internal-tag=1.7.4.13

HPLIP running?
Yes, HPLIP is running (OK).

HPOJ running?
No, HPOJ is not running (OK).

Checking Python version...
OK, version 2.3.4 installed

Checking PyQt version...
error: HPLIP may not function properly with the version of PyQt that is
installed (3.13.0).
error: Ver. 3.14 or greater required.

Checking SIP version...
OK, Version 4.1 installed

----------------
| DEPENDENCIES |
----------------

Checking for dependency libcrypto - OpenSSL cryptographic library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency gcc - GNU Project C and C++ Compiler...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency SANE - Scanning library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency GhostScript - PostScript and PDF language
interpreter and previewer...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency libjpeg - JPEG library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency libpthread - POSIX threads library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency make - GNU make utility to maintain groups of
programs...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency python-devel - Python development files...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency Reportlab - PDF library for Python...
error: Not found!
This is an OPTIONAL dependency. Some HPLIP functionality may not function
properly.

Checking for dependency PyQt - Qt interface for Python...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency cups-devel- Common Unix Printing System development
files...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency ppdev - Parallel port support kernel module....
OK, found.

Checking for dependency libusb - USB library...

Checking for dependency scanimage - Shell scanning program...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP networking library
development files...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency Python 2.2 or greater - Python programming
language...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency LSB - Linux Standard Base support...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency xsane - Graphical scanner frontend for SANE...
error: Not found!
This is an OPTIONAL dependency. Some HPLIP functionality may not function
properly.

Checking for dependency cups - Common Unix Printing System...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency Python 2.3 or greater - Required for fax
functionality...
OK, found.

----------------------
| INSTALLED PRINTERS |
----------------------

Deskjet_D4100_2
---------------
Device URI:
hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_3f0_7704_100_-1_TH6CFD168K04D6_0
Installed in HPLIP? No
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/Deskjet_D4100_2.ppd
PPD Description: HP DeskJet 3822 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
Printer status: printer Deskjet_D4100_2 is idle.  enabled since Jan 01 00:00

error: Printer is not HPLIP installed. Printers must use the hp: or hpfax:
CUPS backend to function in HPLIP. (You can still print to this printer
using another backend and HPIJS.)

duffy_deskjet
-------------
Device URI: hp:/usb/Deskjet_D4100_series?serial=TH6CFD168K04D6
Installed in HPLIP? Yes
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/duffy_deskjet.ppd
PPD Description: HP DeskJet D4100 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
Printer status: printer duffy_deskjet is idle.  enabled since Jan 01 00:00

----------------------
| SANE CONFIGURATION |
----------------------

'hpaio' in '/etc/sane.d/dll.conf'...
OK, found. SANE backend 'hpaio' is properly set up.

Checking output of 'scanimage -L'...
/Exception

| PYTHON EXTENSIONS |

Checking 'cupsext' CUPS extension...
OK, found.

Checking 'pcardext' Photocard extension...
OK, found.

4 errors were detected.
Please refer to the installation instructions at:
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/install/index.html