> But, what I can't find is how I tell htsearch to use another directory for
> $common_dir...?

Hmm, seems like the index of configuration items for htsearch were just
missing a reference to "common_dir". Oh well.

Now, on to the next problem, I added a
 <input type="hidden" name="config" content="sv">
to the search form, which gave me this:

===[ cut ]===
ht://Dig error

htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
site. The error message is:

Unable to read configuration file '/opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig sv.conf'

Huh? I thought it would search for "/opt/www/htdig/conf/sv.conf". Creating a
file with the space in it didn't work either :-/

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/