According to peter karlsson:
> > But, what I can't find is how I tell htsearch to use another directory for
> > $common_dir...?
>
> Hmm, seems like the index of configuration items for htsearch were just
> missing a reference to "common_dir". Oh well.

Yes, it does seem to be missing from all headings in cf_byprog.html.
There are undoubtedly others missing as well.  Time for a more thorough
look at the docs?

> Now, on to the next problem, I added a
>  <input type="hidden" name="config" content="sv">

I assume you mean value="sv", not content="sv".

> to the search form, which gave me this:
>
> ===[ cut ]===
> ht://Dig error
>
> htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
> site. The error message is:
>

> Unable to read configuration file '/opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig sv.conf'
> ===[ cut ]===
>
> Huh? I thought it would search for "/opt/www/htdig/conf/sv.conf". Creating a
> file with the space in it didn't work either :-/

That means there's another hidden input line defining the value as htdig,
so you're getting a combination of the two.  The "space" is actually a
control-A character, currently used to separate multiple input parameters.
You did say you added the input line above, implying you did nothing
to the one that's already there!  Take a closer look at the search.html
input form.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>