On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> The best approach, though, would be to define a new "accent" fuzzy match
> algorithm, which, when given a word, would search the word database
> for all accented and unaccented equivalents.  The main engine of this
> would be very much like the current htfuzzy/Substring.cc algorithm.
> It would be more work, but you'd have something that would be selectable
> by the search_algorithm config attribute, and would fit in well with
> the existing code.

I would agree completely with Gilles on this, though I'll point out in the
3.2 development code, the closest match to this idea would be the
htfuzzy/Speling.cc algorithm, which looks up various modifications of the
word in the word database.

-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online
http://wso.williams.edu/