> Hi Dave and Douglas:
>
> I'm a htdig newbie too. I haven't configured it yet in our production
> server. But I think I have a simple solution that may work.
>
> Why don't you create a username for the htdig software and allow access to
> this user to the protected directories to create the database?

Thanks for your suggestion.  Is is possible to use an .htaccess file to
restrict
access by username?  The earlier suggestion was to use it to restrict access to
one computer in our domain which might work, depending on a lot of things.  Can
it be restricted by username too?  TIA.

Doug

========
Douglas Kline