Here are the results!!  Interesting...

I reran everything:
- Added JVM options to even out garbage collection.
- Ran each test for minutes 5 minutes.
- Used Jetty SelectChannelConnector, same as you always used.  (other
one is faster, but less stable).

https://docs.google.com/a/mulesoft.com/spreadsheets/d/1j2TCeAQmrkWLZyQfetzmtqmUDaGQBiDAr20hC9gEfYE/edit#gid=590558615

Configurations of httpClient are as you have in svn accept for 4.3.3
(not minimal) which is configured as follows:

The non-minimal configuration for 4.3.3 is:
final RequestConfig requestConfig = RequestConfig.custom()
        .setStaleConnectionCheckEnabled(false)
        .setExpectContinueEnabled(false)
        .build();
this.httpclient = HttpClients.custom()