On 9/6/08, Pablo d'Angelo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> See
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s03.html
> for instructions on merging with svn. I think I created the branches at
> revision 3081, so inside your gsoc2008_integration checkout, the
> following should work:
>
> svn merge -r 3081:HEAD
> https://hugin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hugin/hugin/branches/gsoc2008_batch_processing
>
> (all in one line)
>
> should do the merge. You might need to take care about some conflicts
> afterwards.

Thanks for the help, it probably saved me some time of figuring out
how to merge properly. I'm not completely sure whether everything was
fine though... I know of at least one place in the code, where for
some reason my code wasn't merged into the integration branch copy. I
checked every change in the updated files and resolved all conflicts,
but one change (a few lines of code in PanoPanel.cpp) was just ignored
by svn. I fixed that, I just hope it didn't happen elsewhere. I tested
PTBatcher and it seems to work fine.

Anyway, I finished the merge, compiled, tested and commited the merged
branch. There is still a problem with Hugin, described below, which
should be fixed, after that the next in line (sky identification?) can
start with the integration. I posted a message in the integration
branch thread too.

Sadly, Hugin didn't work though in my build… it shows the splash
screen and then just closes (no background processes remaining), but
that was already before I merged it with PTButcher, so I guess there's
either something wrong with OpenGL preview or I managed to build it
wrong somehow. I was always working with the RELEASE config in Visual
C++ 2008 Express.

It should be noted, although it has probably been said before, that
the OpenGL preview added some new dependencies, gl libraries in
wxWidgets and Glew. With these changes the SDK package at
http://wiki.panotools.org/Build_Hugin_for_Windows_with_SDK will be a
bit obsolete now and less user-friendly so some updating should be
planned (if it isn't already). Especially the missing gl lib causes a
non-informative error "wxWidgets not found" in CMake, which took me
some time to "decode" (a "unicode release" rebuild of wxWidgets fixed
it).

--
Marko