Hi Lukáš,

Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd really want to participate, but I've not yet decided what should
> be my application.  think about two things:
>
> 1. Making deghosting act more like as a library. This probably would
> ease integration to enfuse. The second part would be adding algorithm
> described in [1] or adding support for deghosting to enfuse. The
> problem of this is that I think I'd not be able to do the math of the
> algorithm without help (there are some things I've never seen before).

While I won't be able to be a full time mentor this year, I'd be more
than happy to answer your questions about the algorithm in [1]. Don't
let the formulas scare you. From a quick look it seems to work quite
similar to the khan deghosting (whose paper also sounds more complicated
than it really is), but contains additional steps to further improve the
results.

> If I would decide to integrate it to enfuse instead of implementing
> mentioned algorihtm the problem would be in fact that both khan and
> this algorithm are intended for use with HDR.

Actually, both algorithms produce a weight values for each pixel in each
exposure. This weight value could be combined with the weight enfuse
computes for each pixel.

> Anyway, even if I would choose one of these goals I'd like to
> implement also the second one but I think it would be quite
> problematic to do the both during summer so the second one wouldn't
> have so high priority.

I don't think doing both is possible in a summer, especially when time
for learning how the algorithms really work is also needed.

ciao
   Pablo