On Tue 24-Mar-2009 at 12:55 -0700, Joe Templeman wrote:

>I'm a second year computer science student and very competent in Java
>and C, and have ventured into cpp for a few small projects so I feel I
>could make a decent contribution but Im not sure what I can do for a
>patch. How big/complex does the patch have to be to be considered
>seriously?

The purpose of the patch is just to demonstrate that you can set up
a build environment and use the necessary tools such as svn, diff
etc..  The patch doesn't have to be elaborate, anything that shows
an ability to understand the relevant part of the code will do.

You could fix a compiler warning, or tackle one of the bugs in the
tracker e.g:

A simple division by zero error in libpano13:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2002617&group_id=96188&atid=613954

A problem with lots of images in PTtiff2psd

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1923451&group_id=96188&atid=613954

PTmender has very bad handling of temporary files

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1897838&group_id=96188&atid=613954

A hugin gui layout bug:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2686486&group_id=77506&atid=550441

nona opens unused files for no apparent reason:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2166837&group_id=77506&atid=550441

Keyboard shortcuts don't work anymore in the Control Points tab:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2125481&group_id=77506&atid=550441

--
Bruno