On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 15:46, Oskar Sander <oskar.san...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran into the same  problem (evidently) with the max-number of images
> for CP-generation in Hugin as have been discussed here the last few
> days. [...]
> How do you sole these types of CP-problems, or am I alone in getting
> these?

I find that optimizing on all images at the same time is too much for
the optimizer. I do a step-wise approach: I optimize in the beginning
with just a few images, weed out the bad control points, add a few
more connected images, re-optimize. This way, the optimizer only has
to work hard on the images close to the images being added each time.

The latest versions of hugin have a small coloured bar in the image
tabs that indicate how good the control points (in average? in
maximum?) are. I haven't used that yet, but it should give a
indication.

Cheers,

Seb