In gmane.comp.misc.ptx Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:
> On Fri 01-May-2009 at 09:28 +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:

>>I think library versioning is broken due to ABI breakage (compared to
>>2.9.12) and therefore a soname bump is necessary:

>>filter.h: struct adjust_Prefs has new member int faststep
>>panorama.h struct TrformStr has new member int fastStep

> Ok, it's been 0:0:0 since forever, are you saying it needs to be 1:0:0?

Hello,

that would be in line with normal libtool versioning and should do
the trick on the platforms where you make use of it (Linux and Darwin
afaict.) The soname would change from libpano13.so.0 to libpano13.so.1.

I do not understand what (is supposed to) happens on other systems
(especially *BSD or Windows), or even why the -version-info option is
only used selectively, surely libtool should be smart enough to do the
right thing. ;-)

thanks, cu andreas
so grateful to you.'