On 26 May, 11:23, paul womack <pwom...@papermule.co.uk> wrote:
[SNIP]
> IF the bracketed shots were taken using a (good) tripod,
> the images can be fused prior to stitching.
>
> However, this makes subsequent use of exposure optimisation
> in hugin "questionable", since the numerical basis of the optimisation
> is destroyed by the (clever and generally desirable) things enfuse does.
>
> The other possibility is that fusing is on a PER shot basis, and may
> create edge conditions between successive shots in the panorama
> that might cause difficulties for enblend.
>
> However, post-fusing requires the shots to be aligned.
> One way round this is to create a hugin project of the
> "middle" exposure in the bracket set, and then use this
> as a template for the more extreme exposures. This avoids
> the difficulties of placing control points on the extreme
> exposures at the ends of the bracketing. This only works
> for tripod-taken sets.

I'm getting some weird results when using enfuse directly in Hugin:
http://cnqo.phys.strath.ac.uk/~daniel/Photos/Examples/Pre-fused.jpg
I've followed the tutorial given at
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/enfuse-360/en.shtml,
except for manually aligning the three stacks. I aligned the middle
exposures as normal, then each bracketed shot with the middle exposure
shot. I tried without and with photometric optimisation but got weird
results both times.

In comparison, I stitched and blended each exposure layer, then
enfused the three pannoramas and got this much better result,
http://cnqo.phys.strath.ac.uk/~daniel/Photos/Examples/Post-fused.jpg.

Source images were taken on tripod, -2EV, 0EV and +2EV exposure at
each position (6+1+1).

Cheers,
Daniel.