Hello Tom (and Tim).

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 01:11, Tom Sharpless <tksharpl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI All
>
> Tim Nugent's summer of code project, to develop a program for
> calibrating lenses by the straight line method, has almost reached the
> point where lots of test data are needed.  So as his mentor, I am
> issuing a call for pictures to test it with.

Great to hear about progress!

I'm uploading a set of images to your FTP-site now.There was no
"lenscal"-folder, so I've generated one myself.

Inside this folder I made a folder for my nickname and inside this, a folder
for three "cameras" and three lenses
The folders are
 - dsc-t3, which contains images shot with sony dsc-t3 (
http://www.google.ch/search?q=dsc-t3, with a 1/2,4" 5MP RGB-CCD-Chip)
- iphone, contains some images made with my first generation iPhone
(fixed-focus 2.0MP, that's pretty much all I know, but I've shot some
panoramas with it)
 - nikond90nikkor10-5mm - This and the two following folders are three
lenses on my Nikon D80, with a 10MP CCD and a Standard DX sensor with a size
of 23.6x15.8mm. These images are shot with a "af
fisheye nikkor 10.5mm 1:2.8 G ED", which is explained here:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/105fe.htm
 - nikond80nikkor50mm - Nikon D80 with a very robust
"af nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 D", explained here:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/5018daf.htm
 - nikond80zenitar - Nikon D80 with an even more robust "mc
zenitar-n2,8/16", explained here:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/zenit/zenitar-16mm.htm

Let me know if the images are along the lines (pun intended :) of what you
and Tim expect as test-case. If not, I could take more images (with the
Nikkor Fisheye only until Friday, since it's a lens I borrowed from a
friend...)

Cheers from Switzerland
Habi