Gerry Patterson wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Doug <doug_bainbri...@onetel.com> wrote:
>

>> Thanks Gerry and Harry,
>> I've followed your advice but the images are still badly misaligned.
>>
>> Doug
>>

> Did you move very much between taking the shots?  Was there a large
> time lag that has caused things to move?

No. The two photos were taken immediately after one another (they could
have been automatic bracketing shots, but I don't remember) with maybe
only a slight shift due to the camera being handheld.
The peculiar thing is that the alignment is really bad  -  a careless
manual adjustment of the two images as Gimp layers would easily get a
very much better result.
Doug