Thanks Harry.
I've tried -s 2 and -s 3, both were worse than earlier results.
As a further check I tried putting in all control points manually; that
was almost as bad.

Bizarre.

Doug

P.S. Had a further thought and overlaid the images in Gimp.

It looks as though the zoom ring on the camera lens accidentally slipped
between shots - they're at slightly different magnifications, not
obvious except in close up.
Can one correct for this?

Doug