i converted my project to jpg to upload.  it can be downloaded here:
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/726357889/d3635cbcd4b284c9118a79dd55e85e9e

i ran a test on the jpgs it stitches perfectly, just as i expected the
tifs to stitch.  this seems to indicate there there is something wrong
with tif input?  to run the test, i converted each tif to jpg, then
copied my pto file and did a global search and replace, replacing .tif
with .jpg.  i then opened the new pto file in hugin and stitched it.
the output was fine, no missed cropping so my tripod and camera mount
aren't showing the final image.  i also noticed the remapped images
were cropped properly using jpgs, while image 11 is not cropped
properly using tifs.