On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM, John Isner <john.is...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me rephrase my original question:  Can focus stacking be done using
> only the GUI front end (hugin.exe)?

Let me rephrase my answer:

Align_image_stack does the following:

   1. creates control points
   2. determines the best alignment and (in your case) field of view for
   each image by optimizing the error of between the control points of the
   images to a minimum
   3. writes out the remapped images

Enfuse does the following:

   1. fuse the input images based on what ever options you pass it.

You will need to perform the same operations in the GUI.  Specifically,
ensure each image is given its own lens and optimize the 'v' parameter for
each image with the exception of the anchor image.

If you are looking for a short answer, I don't have one for you.  Perhaps
someone else does, and will give you a quick yes/no.  In the mean time....

- Gerry