Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Tuesday 15 September 2009 schrieb Yuval Levy:
>> where it can still be improved:
>> - if I check out an older version or a tag today, and build from it, it
>> will report today's svn number. which means that all self-built tags in
>> the current release cycle report the same version number, making that
>> report not so useful. I intended to look at a way to improve this, but
>> it is very low priority.
>
> I wonder, why we don't use output from svnversion?
> If I use svn update -r4000
> then the output will be:
> U    CMakeModules/win_bundle.cmake
> A    CMakeModules/FindBoost.cmake
> U    CMakeModules/FindExiv2.cmake
> U    CMakeLists.txt
> Updated to revision 4000.
> 3.77 dell64.kornel 15:56 > svnversion
> 4000

I am not sure I understand where the difference is.

if 4430 is the latest repository revision

svn co
https://hugin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hugin/hugin/tags/hugin-2009.2.0_beta2/

will build beta2 but report the version as 2009.2.0.4430

svn up -r 4414

will build the same beta2 but report the version as 2009.2.0.4414

svn up -r 4316

will build the same beta2 but report the versio nas 2009.2.0.4316

and if I build beta3

svn co
https://hugin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hugin/hugin/tags/hugin-2009.2.0_beta3/

will build beta3 and report the same version as above: 2009.2.0.4430

svn up -r 4414

will build the same beta3 and report the same version as above:
2009.2.0.4414

thus we can not uniquely identify what was built based on the svn
number. it is just an indication. using svnversion may simplify the
current code, but yield the same result and has the same issue.

what we need is to identify the path that is build, i.e. differentiate
from
https://hugin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hugin/hugin/tags/hugin-2009.2.0_beta2/

https://hugin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hugin/hugin/tags/hugin-2009.2.0_beta3/

Yuv