Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Unix you use gamin/FAM to ask the system to tell the application
> if a file has changed, it is possible wxwidgets has a cross-platform
> abstraction for this.

Googling a bit I found it was suggested as GSoC 2007 project but not
implemented back then.
<http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/SoC_2007_suggestions>

I found mentions of wxFAM in their mailing list as early as 2004.

Then, with a little bit more digging, I got lucky:

<http://svn.wxwidgets.org/viewvc/wx/wxWidgets/branches/SOC2009_FSWATCHER/>

wxFSwatcher was a GSoC 2009 project.

<http://wxwidgets.blogspot.com/2009/09/august-news.html>

it is in their SVN, waiting to go into their trunk. I can't wait for us
to bump up the wxWidgets version required to build Hugin :-)

Yuv