On Sat 03-Oct-2009 at 15:39 +0200, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

>* For the wiki:
>We have tho think if the wiki format is the only needed one, or if wee
>need other output formats.

I'll just explain how the manual is done at the moment, there are
obviously flaws in this approach, but it does result in a usable
help menu in the Hugin application itself.

The manual is just a scraped selection of pages and accompanying
images from the panotools wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org/

We don't want everything from the wiki, it is mostly not relevant.
There are two types of pages we use:

There are very Hugin specific pages.  These are a bit behind at the
moment and are currently at the 0.8.0 level, they need some work to
refer to 2009.2.0 and 2009.4.0 features:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Category:Software:Hugin

There are general 'glossary' pages, explanations of terms and
concepts (this is what the wiki was created for in the first place,
most users of the wiki don't use Hugin):
http://wiki.panotools.org/Category:Glossary

The list of pages we use are maintained in the 'pages.txt' file and
they are scraped directly from the web-site with 'fetch.sh' and
'dewiki.pl'.

The advantage of importing the wiki into SVN is that (in principle)
the wiki tracks development and the snapshot that goes into the
release is relevant to that release - i.e. people using 0.7.0 will
find that the help-menu version of the manual makes more sense than
the newer pages in the wiki.

--
Bruno