> > I feel we should say that english is our "primary" language, meaning it's
> > the most up-to-date version, so that every translator, who's supposed to
> > understand English, can update his/her part.
>
> that's one way to do it. but what if a Russian speaking person come up
> with a much better text / idea? I don't think we should limit the
> creativity of our international users by focusing on a "primary"
> language. English is a good lingua franca; and the application's
> language is primarily English. But for the handbooks and tutorials I
> prefer to see the international creativity set free. If a tutorial in
> Traditional Chinese is better than what we have in English, somebody
> will translate it to English. And if French users prefer a different
> style of tutorials than German users, who am I to impose a uniform style
> and translation?

We could at least say on the Wiki that it's better to try and improve the
English version at the same time as your own language version. And if you
make some new documents (tutorial, ...) in your own language, it would be
good to also translate them into English. So no "You must do that!!!" but
more "It would be better to do that."