I am sorry but I would be sorely disappointed with a Hugin Windows release that writes to the registry. It means that I probably would not be able to install it. Due to IT policy where I work all registry access is denied. The only way I have been able to install and run Hugin is with VBA running in an Excel workbook. It has been two years since I applied to have Hugin declared a sanctioned application. I have been able to install Hugin via Excel or using thumb drive transport without any difficulty with all the installer methods so far and so I do not understand what all this commotion is regarding the Windows install and needing to write to the registry.

Allan