Aha! Thanks Darko, now I follow you. So this is to preserve image groups (CP
connected images)!

So let me run though:

1. I loaded an existing mosaic project to get a starting test, but noticed
that the whole group moved. In x and y. *When rolling it rolled around the
center (0,0,0) figure, got it now.*

2. I figured this was the grouping so I deleted all CP

3. Without grouping i could individually drag each image in X and Y, and
rebuild and actually improve my old project.

4. However, now when rotating one image in the corner, it still rotated
around the "old" group/panorama center.  Was that intended or should it now
revert to rotating the individual image arount it's X,Y?   Maybe individual
rotation should be a separate function altogether

5.  Y and P are not possible in group, but when the images are independent,
an individual Y, and P movement is consistent

So I realized that I could test this (step 5 and 6 above) straight away, and
so I did.  So I tested in the same project to manually update picture r, y
and p and it does work.   Excellent!  Then there is another question whether
a feature request to do add this via the drag-gui would make sense... ;-)

I'm going to play round with this some more, a gui always sparks ideas.
Like for example: Maybe it is useful to make an image semi-transparent when
overlapping another image while dragging to aid alignment;  Maybe it would
be good to have a tick to turn off group-mode to be able to nudge one image
in place (or like I do to lay out a complete panorama without CPs)

Cheers
/O

2010/4/26 Darko Makreshanski <dmakreshan...@gmail.com>

> Oskar Sander wrote:
>

>> So this begs a question though: I've played with Darko's excellent patch
>> (some of my projects are actually almost better manually laid out) And my
>> statement "*camera angles (y, p ,r) are applied in each camera's position* "
>> does not seem right.   A rotation by holding down shift, rotates the image
>> not around the camera position, but around the "panorama camera" position.
>> Also I would expect a y & p movement to be quite un-problematic with my
>> statement.
>>
>> What is not right here?
>>
> Your statement: "*camera angles (y, p ,r) are applied in each camera's
> position*" is right
>
> What you are experiencing is a feature that I have included in the patch
>
> When you are rolling in both mosaic and normal mode, apart from the roll
> parameter the TrX and TrY parameters are changed as well to preserve
> correspondence between images in image groups.
> Yaw and pitch should also be automatically adjusted, however I haven't
> tested this.
>
> Basically my idea was that in normal mode you can adjust y,p,r parameters
> and preserve correspondence in image groups but you can't adjust TrX, TrY
> and TrZ.
>
> In linear mode though you can adjust TrX, TrY, TrZ and you can adjust roll
> parameter as well, but you can't adjust yaw and pitch without loosing
> correspondence.
>
> Best,
> Darko

/O