On Wed 28-Apr-2010 at 09:56 +0200, Oskar Sander wrote:

* If I right-click-roll the photo, it rolls around the center of the
panorama [4], probably useful but it is not only the roll-value of the photo
that has changed.
* If I instead start from [3] and edit the roll value of the photo (+90deg)
i get the result I wanted [5] (well yes for the experiment's sake :-)

It has been suggested that all drag rotations should happen around the photo/group centre. The way it works at the moment is the same as with the 'numeric transform', i.e. all drag operations are relative to the panoramic camera - Which points toward the middle of the canvas.

* Using the transformation field in the drag-pane to roll the mosaic 30
degrees, rolls each image around it's camera axis, which will probably be
quite useless [5].

Yes the numeric transform is still working in 'normal' mode and isn't affected by the 'mosaic' setting. Ideally it would switch to x,y,z rather than r,p,y (or just grey-out, it wouldn't be much use).

The current Hugin trunk is very much work-in-progress. Although it is stable to use there are bits such as this that need to be cleared-up before we can think about a release.

--
Bruno